Delamere’s purpose is to identify the gaps in SEND provision for our target clients and select:-
- the best organisations for helping SEND children
- the best projects to finance with our limited funding capacity
As funding for these children’s special needs is seriously lacking, there is no shortage of ideas and candidates seeking our help. We have developed a list of chosen service partners with whom we work closely. We look for:-
- Credible partners who can manage projects and/or services competently so as to achieve successful outcomes.
- Value for money in terms of the quality and volume of impacts on our target clients in relation to the funding required.
- Ideally, we choose imaginative, innovative and/or sustainable services and projects, especially where those might lead on to further worthwhile developments.
- Regular monitoring of results and reporting on project success.
- Partnership and cooperation – we encourage the sharing of knowledge and scarce skilled resources for the mutual benefit of all.
The best organisations for special needs, whether schools or service providers, are often small with very limited administrative capacity. We have developed a simple but focused bid-screening process which is sensitive to their typical lack of administrative backup and bidding experience. The aim is to make it easy for them to answer our questions clearly but relevantly, without over-bureaucratic form filling.
We then monitor their performance and provide feedback to help ensure our funds, and those of our valued donors, are used most cost effectively.
In addition to our work with these key service provider partners, we are currently funding specialist SEND support services at Bury & Whitefield Jewish Primary School and North Cheshire Jewish Primary School. For details, see the full report on our News page.
By funding and supporting our past and current service partners we have already made a real difference to many children and their families – check out our record of achievements.